Welcome to SeekSikh, an online social site for Sikh adults for the purpose of dating, networking and meeting each other online (the “Service”).
1. Application of these Terms
These terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to all and any use of the Service via the website https://www.seeksikh.com (“the Site”) including any page views, postings, emails, messages and other communications made to or using the Site.
The Service and the Site are operated by SeekSikh Limited, a company registered under the laws of England and Wales, whose company number is 09478523 and whose registered office is Piccadilly Business Cent, Aldow Enterprise Park, Manchester, M12 6AE (“us”, “we”, “SeekSikh”).
By using the Site you undertake that you are over 18 years of age, belong to the Sikh faith and are able to accept these Terms. By using the Site you agree (the “Agreement”) to be bound by these Terms.
If you do not accept these Terms you should not use the Site and should not add any content to or send any communications on the Site.
We may make alterations to the Terms at any time and these variations shall become immediately effective upon being accessible from https://www.seeksikh.com/terms-of-service/
You acknowledge and agree that each visit you make to the Site and your continued use of the Site and the Service will be subject to the then-current Terms.
2. Your use of the Site
You may download and use the Site solely for your private, non-commercial, personal use only.
You may not sub-license or deal in this right without the Site’s prior written permission.
Accordingly, you undertake not to:
- Use the Site for any commercial or business purpose;
- Use your access to the Site, or information gathered from it, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email.
- By using the Site you undertake that you have the necessary hardware, software, internet connection and technical capability required for making communications on the Site and for submitting content, photos, email to the Site and for general web usage of the Site. You understand and accept that we make no representation or warranty that the Site will operate with your system. You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and that they comply with them.
- Access to the Site is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Site without notice.
The username and password issued to you is personal to you in order to facilitate your use of and access to the Site and shall not be disclosed to any third party without the Site’s prior written consent. Your account is provided for your use alone and you may not authorise third parties to access or use your account.
- In the event that you believe your account has been used or accessed by a third party or that your password may have been compromised, you should change your password and inform us immediately. You are responsible for all and any use and misuse of your account and your password, for which the Site shall have no responsibility.
- All email communications sent by the Site and attachments thereto are intended only for the addressee and/or others we have authorised to receive them.
- You undertake to submit and maintain a full, honest, accurate and up-to-date profile, photos, messages and other Content on the Site, and to use the Site solely for the purpose of seeking out, communicating with and interacting with other members in the interests of socialising, finding dates, friendships and seeking a relationship.
3. Copyright, trademarks and other Intellectual Property Rights
All copyright, design rights, database rights, patents, and any rights to inventions, know-how, trade and business names, trade secrets and trademarks (whether registered or unregistered) and any applications therefor (“Intellectual Property Rights”) in the Site belong to and vest in the Site, or are licensed to the Site unless otherwise specified. All such rights of the Site are hereby asserted and reserved.
You may not and warrant that you will not:
- Hack, attempt to hack, distribute, modify, transmit, re-use any or all of the Site or the information contained therein for any purpose other than as set out above;
- make any public or commercial use without the Site’s prior written consent;
- provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to the Site without the Site’s prior written permission;
- display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Site and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site without the Site’s prior written consent;
process or otherwise use the information contained on or within the Site for any illegal or immoral purpose nor use or process the same unfairly;
- remove or obscure any copyright notices and other proprietary notices contained on the Site.
4. Communications and third parties on the Site
The Site is engaged in the business of providing an entertainment and information service and ancillary to this is engaged in the transmission, storage, retrieval, hosting, formatting or translation of communications and content supplied by third parties, without selection or alteration of the content of any communication for which it is a mere conduit.
You agree and accept that we are entitled to, but have no responsibility to review, modify or delete the accounts, usernames, profile information, photos, messages and other communications (collectively, “Content”) provided by other users of the Site, all of which are made available on the basis that we shall not be required to exercise any control or judgement of the content or the material posted or contained therein.
The views expressed in any Content are the views of the individual authors and not those of the Site unless specified otherwise by the Site. In particular but without limitation to the above, the Site is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any Content.
We give no warranty and makes no representation as to the accuracy, currency or validity of the information and material contained within any Content on the Site and shall not be responsible for any loss or damage caused as a result of any use of such material.
In the event that you are unhappy with any of the Content added to the Site you should contact us either by email or by using the reporting system provided within the Site.
We reserve the right to remove, partially remove or edit any account, profile or other Content at our sole discretion.
You agree and undertake that you will not use the Site in such a way, or post to or transmit to the Site any Content, statement, material or communication, that:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
infringes the Intellectual Property Rights of any third party;
contains anything technically harmful such as computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or harmful data;
- is or may be interpreted as being abusive, pornographic, aggressive, defamatory, untrue, discriminatory, violent, obscene, inflammatory, racist in any way whatsoever or harasses any person;
may be deemed a marketing or commercial communication or promotes the products or services of any person other than the Site;
promotes any illegal or unlawful activity including but not limited to terrorism, solicitation, gambling or the sale of prescription medicines, drugs or weapons;
- is aimed at persons under the age of 18 or which seeks or attempts to make any arrangement to meet a child under the age of 16 with intent to abuse them or which may have such a meeting as its object or effect;
- contains any restricted material, including but not limited to passwords, medical information, classified government or military information or confidential information of any person;
brings the Site into disrepute; or solicits, invites, encourages, advocates, incites or provokes any or all of the foregoing.
- You agree to indemnify and keep us indemnified against any liabilities, costs, losses or expenses incurred or suffered by us in respect of and arising out of any aspect of your use of the Site, including any breach by you of any of your obligations or warranties under these Terms.
- The Site may contain adverts and other links to third party services and web sites which have not been verified or reviewed by us and use and access of such third party web sites is made at your own risk.
You use the Site at entirely your own risk. It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. Users must be over 18 years old but people may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. We have no way of telling if statements made by other users of the Site are true. This is a decision that can only be made at your discretion and the exercise of some degree of caution is recommended. By using the Site and the Service you accept that this is the case and accept the risk associated therewith. We ask that users take particular care in relation to the disclosure of their own personal information including surname, address, email address, telephone number, place of work and places they go out.
5. Privacy and Data Policy
The Site makes a commitment to protecting your privacy and promises only to use information collected about you in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws including the General Data Protection Legislation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR) and any applicable national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation in England and Wales relating to the processing of personal data and the privacy of electronic communications, as amended, replaced or updated from time to time, including the UK Data Protection Act 2018.
When you sign up to the Site, we may ask you for certain information and you may submit personal data to the Site (for example your name, photos, your mobile telephone number, postal address, email address and other contact details). We may also record which services you are interested in as well as user traffic patterns and site use. This information will be kept securely in accordance with an internal security policy and may be used to:
process your communications and to enable your use of the Site and the services;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service;
- help fraud prevention;
- open and run your account;
- generally run the Site;
- tailor and personalise the content of your use of the Site and communications sent to you by the Site in a way that is designed to be relevant to you;
- moderate the Site and in this respect all of your information reasonably necessary for this purpose including your IP address may be transferred to a reputable third party for this purpose; or
permanently bar a user from using the Site at our the sole discretion where that user has breached these Terms.
- we will only sell, rent or transfer your personal data to any third party if you have consented to this;
- we may use your personal data, or permit selected third parties to use your personal data, to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with such information;
where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this;
- we may use the data we collect about you in order to request third party ads which may be of interest to you. No personally identifiable information will be passed to any third party in order to perform this.
- By using the Site and submitting Content and your personal data to us you agree to this use.
- If you no longer wish for us to use your personal data in the way identified, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, we will be happy to cancel your membership of the site. To cancel your membership, please log into the site and use the self-deletion process provided. You can contact us directly to remove your account by email, provided you supply sufficient proof of ownership of the account (writing from the email address we have listed on the account is considered sufficient). Please note however that self-deletion is a much quicker process.
Please note that if through activities on our site you have separately registered personal data with any third party, or have consented to our transferring your information to a third party, you will need to contact that third party directly in relation to its use of your Personal Data.
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own data protection and privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. However you understand and accept that collection of some sensitive information may be required for the effective and most beneficial use of the Site.
6. Marketing communications
If you have used the Site before it is possible that we have this information already and it is being used to contact you about offers, events, items or related activities that you may find useful. If you are an existing user the Site will continue to keep you informed unless you tell us not to.
If you are a new user the Site will give you the choice (for example once you have signed up) whether or not you want us or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful.
When you sign up to the Site you understand that we will send you emails to the email address you provide in your registration. Some of these emails may be necessary for your ongoing use of the site, including (but not limited to) emails confirming your login details, notifications of interest in you expressed by other members, notifications of communications sent to you by other members, and other essential information about accessing the Site.
We would also like to keep you informed of activity and developments on the Site that we believe may be of interest to you but we will not bombard you with emails and you may opt out of any marketing messages at any time.
We will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
In order to improve your use of the Site, we may use a device known as a ‘cookie’. Cookies are a means by which information relating to your internet activity (such as whether you have visited the Site before, or whether you have an existing account) is recorded on your hard drive and used by us to improve the Site and the services and services available to you.
We may use third-party advertising companies to display ads on our website. These third-party advertising companies may separately place or recognise a cookie file on your browser in the course of delivering advertisements to the Site. We cannot see the information collected or stored in third party cookies, nor can they see the information collected or stored in cookies set by the Site. We do not provide personal data about you to these third party advertisers.
We provide and maintain the Site for personal entertainment, on an “as is” basis.
We shall be liable only to provide the Site with the reasonable skill and care of an online service provider and we give no other warranty in connection with the Site.
You accept that we cannot guarantee 24/7 uninterrupted access to the Site and there will be times where part of or all of the Site cannot be error free or is temporarily unavailable for operational reasons, including repairs, essential maintenance and upgrades.
If we cannot provide the Site as specified in these Terms because of something beyond our reasonable control, including (but not limited to) technical problems, or disputes involving our employees, we will not be liable for this.
Subject as aforesaid, to the maximum extent permitted by law, the Site excludes liability for any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including without limitation any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem you notify to us and we shall have no liability to pay any money by way of compensation, including without limitation all liability in relation to:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on the Site and all interruptions to or delays in updating the Site;
- the infringement by any person of any Intellectual Property Rights of any third party caused by their use of the Site;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading the Site, or from transmissions via emails or attachments received from the Site or its licensees;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of the other sites on the internet that are owned and operated by third parties (“External Sites”) to which the Site links and web sites located on or through any External Site, nor for any transactions involving External Sites (including as to ‘cookies’, personal data, confidential information, or purchases of domain names or other services). You should contact the site administrator or webmaster for those External Sites if you have any concerns regarding such links, web site or transactions;
- the access, use and/or disclosure of your personal information and/or data and/or Content or any material or information you submit to the Site by unauthorised third parties;
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms which but for this notice would have effect.
These terms above shall not limit any rights you might have as a consumer that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit our liability for death or personal injury resulting from its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
At our discretion we shall be entitled to terminate this Agreement and immediately remove your account, profile, messages, Content, data and personal information, and to cancel or suspend your access to and use of the Site should you breach, in our opinion, any part of these Terms.
At your discretion you may terminate your membership to the Site by notifying us in writing. We shall remove your account, profile, messages, Content, data and personal information within a reasonable period upon receiving your notice.
Termination shall be without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party.
We will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party including without limitation Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law (but subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights).
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed through the contact form.
The Site acts as principal on its own account and not as agent for you or any other person.
If the Site does not enforce any provision of this agreement such will not be considered a waiver of any provision or right.
In the event that any part of these Terms is held to be unenforceable, such part will at our option be construed as far as possible to reflect the parties’ intentions and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and the Site and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms or conditions of contract which you may purport to propose.
Use of the Site and these terms are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
It is hereby asserted that the Site is intended for and directed at the UK and no representation or warranty is made as to whether the Site complies with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other countries.